January 31, 2017
Dear University of Miami Community,
After consultation with the Faculty Senate and following the guidelines set forth in the Faculty Manual pertaining to the selection of the search committee for the Provost, I am pleased to announce that the following members of the University of Miami community have agreed to serve on the committee:
- Eduardo Alfonso, Professor, Miller School of Medicine
- Steven Altschuler, Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and CEO of UHealth
- R. Stephen Cantrell, Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Nurcin Celik, Associate Professor, College of Engineering
- Shirley Dennis, Associate Professor, School of Business Administration
- Richard Fain, Chair, University of Miami Board of Trustees
- Kysha Harriell, Clinical Associate Professor, School of Education and Human Development
- Osamudia James, Vice Dean and Professor of Law, School of Law
- Richard John, Associate Professor, School of Architecture
- Karen Kennedy, Associate Professor, Frost School of Music
- Mary Mckay, Associate Professor, School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Tamay Ozgokmen, Professor, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
- Shouraseni Roy, Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences
- Ralph Sacco, Professor, Miller School of Medicine
- Sam Terilli, Associate Professor, School of Communication
In addition to these 15 members, Arrix Ryce will participate as student representative. Professor Eduardo Alfonso will chair the committee.
We will provide the University community with periodic updates regarding this important search.
Please join me in thanking the committee members and student representative for their important service to the University.